Saturday, September 06, 2008

He did it again!

I bought fresh blueberries last week thinking they'd be great for blueberry pancakes, or whatever else we were hungry for while we were home over Labor Day weekend. It was a typical Saturday stay-at-home morning, if there is such a thing for us. Mike got up and headed downstairs with a hungry belly and a mission to feed us. I stayed upstairs taking care of laundry and random cleaning. By the time I got downstairs, the kitchen was erupting with stuff. Everywhere.

That stuff ended up being the makings of CREPES!


And before I go any farther I have to quote it:


Jean Girard: I will let you go, Ricky. But first, I want you to say..."I... love... crepes."

Cal Naughton, Jr.: Don't you say it, Ricky. These colors don't run.

Ricky Bobby: I'm not gonna say it.


.........

Cal Naughton, Jr.: You know, just to put this in there, I had a whole mess of crepes this morning. They're just like pancakes, maybe even better.

Ricky Bobby: Wait, are they the really thin pancakes?


Jean Girard: Yes they are. They are the really thin pancakes. It's just a French word for them. Ricky Bobby: Oh, my god, I love those.



Okay now that that's done. I have to say "Oh, my gosh, I love those!" Mike made delicious thin pancakes for us. He experimented with fresh blueberries and berry cream cheese as well as frozen fruits and fresh blueberries. All sprinkled with powdered sugar. He is my all-time favorite!!

No comments: