Friday, March 12, 2010

mommaEmack's Boutique

I've been working hard these past two months to "start a business." I have been making and selling nursing covers and burp cloths for about 8 months now. My nursing cover was my favorite baby gift that I was surprised with by my friend and sorority daughter, Katie. I have been able to nurse in every imaginable place thanks to it: baseball games, restaurants, the mall, by the pool, any place we go. It's been a huge blessing! As a result, I decided that others needed to experience this fantastic item. So I started making and selling them.

Next came these incredibly cute and amazingly absorbent burp cloths another dear friend and sorority sister, Karla, made me. I loved having cute prints on my shoulder when burping Anabelle, or pulling out a trendy cloth to wipe up the million spills and "urps" that are unavoidable with a little one.

And finally, hair bows! I think Anabelle's pictures speak for themselves. I. Love. Bows. And now I love selling them! Thanks to yet another wonderful sorority sister, Lindsey, for referring me my biggest piece of business in February!! It gave me the boost I needed to launch my business.

So, without further adieu, I introduce you to mommaEmack's Boutique. The site isn't perfectly finished, but it's out there. I still prefer to sell my items off the internet, to avoid the restrictions and costs involved with the website, but you can easily refer someone to my site to see what I can do!

Stay tuned for ruffled socks to make their appearance in the shop next.

6 comments:

rj said...

Cecil would be so proud! Go you!

A Sweet Day in the Life of J said...

You know I'll be ordering a nursing cover in the fall :) And we'll know in April if I'll be ordering any bows!

The Nelson Nest said...

Hey Biz! I love your stuff and will be contacting you at some point about getting a nursing cover....never had one with Maddox and feel it's a must for nursing this baby! (I'm pregnant, in case you didn't know :) I want to wait until we know what the baby is, which should be in 3-4 weeks. Just a head's up! Hope you are well....love keeping up with you through your blog!

Stephanie

The Van Vactor family said...

oh I loved my nursing cover too and share one with all my friends! The burb clothes are so nice to have too! What do you use on the underside of the cute fabric? I have one that's a towel (soft) and really nice! Good luck, that's awesome!!

Mike & Biz said...

Jessica & Stephanie, I can't wait to make them for you!!! :)

Alyssa, I use the super thick cloth diapers as burp cloths. They are amazing!

The Fergusons said...

How fun! I just checked out your boutique and love it! I will pass the word along!