Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Book Club!

I took one more step to officially being old last night! My friend, Heather, started a book club that I am now a proud member of! "Book club?" you might ask, mockingly, trying to stifle a laugh. Yes, book club. We're starting out with A Girl's Guide to Hunting and Fishing. Apparently, it's not at all about hunting OR fishing, but it's a start.

Eleven of us make up the initial book club group. Basically, I think it comes down to a social evening with food and wine that we just happen to bring up a book that we all read last month. The girls in the group are great! Probably half are my sorority sisters from college, but we don't see each other often as it is. One is my dear friend, Katie. The rest are friends of Heather's through different stages of life.

I predict a successful year of book-clubbing and many new friends! Mock all you want, I am excited for this new endeavor. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.