Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Something to celebrate!

I GOT A JOB!!!!! Many celebrations are in order, mostly that we'll have two incomes again. :)

I interviewed with four different companies last week, all seemingly viable options for my "career." It wasn't until Friday that I knew where God wanted me. I interviewed with GenFlex, an industrial roofing company that Bridgestone/Firestone bought out last year. They had an opening for a Marketing Coordinator, which sounded good to me. It sounded absolutely perfect after hearing the ins and the outs of the position. I was really excited, but they said it would be about two weeks before they called for 2nd interviews as they'd be gone this week Tues-Thurs.

Before I left (after the 3 hours of interviewing), the GM and Natl Marketing Director asked if I might be available Monday morning to come back. I was thrilled! So after my two hours yesterday meeting a ton of people, talking with HR, etc, they offered me the position. No waiting, no game playing! They offered me more money than I was expecting or even hoping for, with huge bonus potentials. Everything was God-blessed and very clear that this is it.

Mike was so excited too!! He now has a working wife again. :) We broke out the bubbly last night to celebrate. We have felt very blessed while I haven't been working, though, because Mike had his best month of his career in August! He blew his past performance out of the water, and we were well cared for. Praise God!

So, I will officially be employed next week. For all my northsiders (and my favorite shopping spots), my job is at 96th St and Meridian, so I'll be there often! Thanks to everyone for your prayers and support!

5 comments:

The Rausch's said...

Congrats!! We'll have to do lunch sometime now that you are up in my neck of the woods!!

MH said...

Congratulations! Everything seems to happen for a reason!

Leon Morrow said...

congrats Biz, kick some butt. i'm very happy for you. send my love to Mike.

thegroves said...

You go girl!!! I'm so PUMPED for you. God ALWAYS provides!

the domingo tribe said...

WOOOHOOOO!!! That's absolutely wonderful! I'm very excited for you...God is SO good!