Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME

Friday was my birthday. The big 2-5. Holy smokes, I'm 25! And Mike did not mind reminding me for the whole week prior that I am getting old. Yes, he's 18 months older than me, but I'm a lady, and ladies should be young forever.

That's why my birthday card envelope read as follows: "For my vibrant, youthful, forgiving wife on her quarter century birthday." He had to throw in 'forgiving' to counteract the 'quarter century.'

Despite the grief I received, it was a wonderful day! My parents came to my office to take me out to lunch. They brought pink lilies and jewelry. Wonderful! Then Mike and I got dressed up and went downtown for an incredible dinner at S.I. The food was fantastic, the restaurant was so very trendy, and the company absolutely perfect. Afterwards, we went for a very short walk on the canal, remembering when we did that for our first date. This walk, however, was interrupted by lightning and thunder so we headed home.

I will spare you more details because I know you really just read blogs to see pictures! So, here you go....






No comments: