Sunday, June 15, 2008

Night on the Town

Friday night was an exciting night for us to get out on the town! Because the CEO of Firestone is on the board at the Zoo, the company had tickets for Zoobilation. And because I work for a small division of Firestone, and my boss likes me, I was invited to join the big-wigs for this black tie affair fundraiser for the Indianapolis Zoo. Over 70 local restaurants had booths throughout the grounds featuring a few of their favorite appetizers, dinners or desserts. There was also a bar for every 5 food stations. Ah-mazing!


We had free reign of the grounds, getting to venture from restaurant to restaurant, filling our bellies full. We also had an incredible time people watching, from Indy's news teams to scantily clad women to Gary Brackett of the Colts! Definitely a who's who of Indy, and somehow we got to go.



This guy was sorta creeping me out and sorta cute. So, why not let him put his arm around me for a photo? After all, I just won a $50 gift card plus a free appetizer at his booth to Ruth's Chris!!



The koala exhibit was open for us to see while we were there. They are only in town until September. Beautiful creatures!


It was such a great experience to be part of Zoobilation this year. Mike was incredible, despite his bulging disc that had debilitated him all week, he stuck it out for four hours. It was a bit reminiscent of our engagement day, which of course made me a little lovey-dovey when we stood in the Dolphin Dome, the exact place where Mike proposed.

We had a wonderful time during the whole event and are hopeful to be invited back next year!

I loved the skyline from the White River....










1 comment:

Molly said...

That looks like SO much fun! We just became members at the Zoo for the first time and I saw it said it was closed for Zoobilation but I had no idea what it was! I'm so glad I know now! You guys look so great! Can't wait to see you Friday!!!! (you won't believe how big Carter is!!!)