Friday, December 26, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Thanksgiving this year was celebrated St. Louis-style! My Uncle Brett and family invited the whole Campbell family out to St. Louis for a weekend of fun and family celebration. It was a quick car ride with my parents and Abby, which was much needed. With so much busyness in our life and even more in my parents', we were finally able to catch up and get excited about their new granddaughter!


Brett and Lisa were incredible hosts with an abundance of food for all 27 of us day and night -- for FOUR days. My baby belly was stuffed with constant deliciousness. Of the 27, 20 of the family stayed the weekend at their beautiful home. I just couldn't get over how generous and thoughtful they were with hosting. We had such a fun weekend!


The day after Thanksgiving, all 27 of us took a trip to the St. Louis zoo in the morning. That afternoon we went our own ways, going shopping, swimming (the kiddos) and the guys visited Jim Weddle, managing partner, at the home office of Edward Jones. But we were given strict instructions to be back at the house and ready to leave at 4:30 for a surprise.


Shortly after 4:30, Molly the Trolley pulled up in front of their house, ready to take us all on an adventure! Brett had packed coolers full of soda, beer, wine, and my favorite: Jack, as well as pretzels, goldfish, etc etc. We drove through two different parks that had beautiful light displays. It was beautiful! And even more enjoyable to watch the little kids get excited. After a few hours of driving, laughing, snacking and drinking, we ended up at a pub downtown Kirkwood for dinner and more family time. Brett and Lisa outdid themselves once again!


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend and can't wait to do it again in 2010!

Brett & Robin carving the turkeys...
Rachie & Shaun...
Mike and one of his biggest fans, my (2nd) cousin Morgan...
Me and my adorable cousin, Isabel...
Molly the Trolley!
The whole gang on the trolley...
Bretty carefully mixing drinks on the trolley...
My sweet hubby and me...
My scary hubby and me (in Brett's halloween costume)...
Mike and his 3 biggest fans of the weekend (Morgan, Emma & Hannah)...
Molly and Carter - Go BSU!!
At Jim Weddle's car warehouse. Like I mentioned before, Jim is the managing partner of Edward Jones. He also is one of my dad's good friends (and his best man from his wedding). Jim has always been an avid car collector and recently upgraded warehouses for working on and showing off his collection. The cars were unbelievable, some of them were limited editions, and a few were the ONLY ones made like it. He even has a car made from an airplane body from the WWII era. Needless to say, the guys were drooling as Jim explained each of the vehicles to us.

No comments: