Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Trip to Cali

My big event for work, The Winner's Circle, is going to be in Newport Coast, California. Last November, I took a hard hat tour through dirt, rocks and a few beams to try to envision what The Resort at Pelican Hill might someday be. They promised an opening date of November 2008, and I figured it would be perfect for our event in Feb 2009!

This November, I went on a site visit to see the finished product. It wasn't quite ready for opening, but they were within 8 days. The property was AMAZING! Rooms begin at $700/night, and I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.
My mom was able to squeeze a trip into her schedule to get to go with me on my site visit, and we had an incredible time! I met with people and took tours during the days, and she and I went shopping, site seeing and out to restaurants in the evenings. We managed to get a ton of R&R in, plus one of my clients met us for a whirlwind tour of Beverly Hills and Hollywood. SO FUN!

Me on the steps of the Kodiak Theatre...


Mom and me in front of Grauman's Chinese theatre where all of the handprints are...
'Ahnold's' feet prints...
My favorite, mom and me in front of the Hollywood sign. (If you look very closely, it's there!)


No comments: