Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Bed, Bows & Belly Buttons

It's been another wonderful week with Anabelle! Many more firsts, including going to Mimi & Papa's, getting in the pool, going to daddy's softball game, and more! She also met two of her little buddies for the first time, Addie Grove (and one of my best friends, Stacy):
and Sarah Land (and another best friend, Katie). Sarah is the one that is going to teach Anabelle how to get in to everything, and then Anabelle is planning to return the favor by teaching Sarah's new sister-to-be how to get into trouble, too. Sounds like fun!

Katie was generous enough to make me a delicious dinner AND birthday cake on my birthday so Mike and I were able to just enjoy the day.
Another first last week was Anabelle's first bow on her head! She just loves them! She won't go a day without one again.
And a BIG first on Friday night was her first time showing off her beautiful belly button! That's right, her umbilical cord fell off. We were so excited, it was like she had started walking! Her tummy is so precious.
And for the last of her "firsts," Anabelle slept for EIGHT HOURS Sunday night! We spent the day outside at my parents' house, in and around the pool. I guess the sun must have zapped her because I got an awesome night's sleep! On a normal night, she sleeps four to six hours at a time, which is also incredible. I haven't felt sleep deprived at all. But EIGHT??
Call me crazy, but I called the doctor to be sure it was okay. She's been eating like a champ, and I think she'll be just fine.

7 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm so jealous of your good sleep. I'm lucky if Little Louis gets in 5 hours of sleep. He's such a monster that he needs to eat ALL OF THE TIME!

Molly said...

WOW! Maybe she'll be just like her cousin Morgan and start sleeping 8 hours now! Morgan started 8 hour stretches at night at 3 weeks and kept going until about 3 months when she would sleep from 8pm until 10am! 14 HOURS!!!! I, too, called the doctor and asked if I should be waking her up and he said "are you CRAZY!?"

I cannot WAIT TO MEET HER!!!!!!!

Molly said...

p.s. has her replacement book arrived yet? :)

Unknown said...

Yay for you and your wonderful little sleeper--you are so fortunate! We were very fortunate in the sleep department with Owen as well--I just know we're going to get our payback with baby #2! Glad to hear you are doing well--she is absolutely precious!

The Pierce Family said...

I love the pic with her bow in her hair. She is just adorable and I cannot wait to meet her!

thegroves said...

WAHOOOO!!!!! What a champ, she is!

the domingo tribe said...

so awesome! it's great to see how well you guys are doing! i can't wait to come down there to meet this little sweetie myself!!!