Wednesday, February 24, 2010

If you give a baby a toy...

she'll play for 5 minutes.



If you give a baby and entire toy box, she'll play by herself forever.


Well, maybe not forever, but for a much longer time! Since she doesn't nap well, I've been trying to figure out ways for her to stay entertained for longer so I can get things done during the day. She's also going through a clingy phase, so I need to be in sight often. I could keep her occupied for a while with different toys or a video, but after 5-10 minutes she needed interaction.

After watching her continually crawl to our "toy box" (or wire cubby thing we're using temporarily) multiple times, I decided to bring the toy box to her. I set it on its side so she could get to every toy inside and VOILA, she was happy for an hour! I was in and out, hanging nearby, but she loved having access to so many fun things. And I was happy to have extra freedom.

1 comment:

Molly said...

what an ornery little smile on that face! I love it!