Friday, February 26, 2010

Nine Months Old!

Anabelle's caption: "I can't believe I am NINE MONTHS OLD!!!"

We can't believe it either, baby. But you sure are pretty! And growing so quickly.
And mommy & daddy finally got smart. We put the sign in a plastic display holder so you can't crumble it up and eat it.
Miss Anabelle turned 9 months old last week. At her well baby visit (this week), she weight 24.6 lbs and was 30 inches long. We asked where that put her on the charts, and she is off of them. Dr. Miles said "above 95th percentile" and showed us the chart where her dot was nowhere near the shaded area.
She's a big girl! People tell us that all the time... "Wow, she's a healthy girl!" "She doesn't miss a meal, does she?" "Look at those cheeks!" "What are you feeding her, mom?" The list goes on. She started off big (almost 9.5lbs) and has maintained a healthy gain. Her pjs are now 18 months. But she is awesome. We wouldn't ask for anything different. She makes our faces and our hearts smile on a daily, usually hourly, basis. We love her laugh, her smile, her silly faces, her intelligence, her squeals, her chubby baby thighs, her kisses and on and on. Happy nine months, baby, to all of us!




3 comments:

Molly said...

She is PERFECTLY in proportion!!!!

I just looked it up. Carter was also off the charts at 9 months. He was 30 inches and weighed 23 pounds, 6 oz....so she's only got him by a few ounces! She will level off soon. I think he did at about 18 months. (of course, his head kept going and going....why do I have such big headed kids?!)

The Pierce Family said...

She is adorable! And she's perfectly healthy! That is what is important! But I know what you mean about the comments people make! I have been getting comments too about Zowie, because she is so little! One lady told me I should find a new doctor, she was sure there was something wrong with her b/c she was so small. But I can say, I cannot believe she is already nine months old!

the domingo tribe said...

What a big girl! And by big, I mean I CANNOT believe that she's already 9 months old! She's growing up so fast! We had such a wonderful time hanging out with you guys on friday. THANK YOU for making the trip! I cherish the sweet time that we're able to spend with each other!