Thursday, July 17, 2008

Betty Mack

I have had this bug to make complicated, flavor-filled dinners for the past few weeks. Typically, I try to plan out our week's worth of meals and grocery shop on Sunday so we eat well-rounded and fun meals each night. This summer has been so crazy, though, that my planning has gone to the wayside. Not in July, though! We've had Tilapia Florentine, Filet Mignon and twice baked potatoes, etc, etc.


My latest discovery is Waldorf stuffed Chicken! I found Waldorf Stuffed Porkchops on Recipezaar.com and made it much healthier by using boneless, skinless chicken. No photos to share, but it was delicious! Apples, walnuts, onions, gorgonzola and chicken. Yummm! Serve it on a bed of whole grain rice, and you have an incredible (and fairly simple) dinner.


(To alter recipe for chicken, bake in oven at 400 for 30-40 minute. I put water in the pan and covered with foil to prevent it from drying out)
Delicious dinners make happy husbands!

2 comments:

Steven and Megan Woods said...

Try stuffing chicken with parmesan cheese and artichokes.....hubbies like that too!

Molly said...

mmmm...I want that recipe!!!

HAVE A FABULOUS TRIP!!!!!!!!!