Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Book Club!

Tonight was book club. Another great night of girl talk, wine, chocolate (almost everyone brought a dessert this week), and books. I wanted to blog about it because this book is a "must read." This month was a serious book, Mistaken Identity. If you're from Indiana, you probably remember the crash on I-69 a few years back where Taylor students where involved and two girls' identities were mixed up afterwards. One of them died and one was in a coma for weeks, eventually making a full recovery.

This book is incredibly emotional, real and based on God's incredible grace. Our book club administrator (I won't give her identity...) couldn't even read the book because of its intensity. But I highly recommend it. God worked incredible things through the tragedy and through the story afterwards.

If you're looking for something to ready, or just something to do today, pick up this book! I read it in 3 hours. I had to borrow it, though, because of all Marion County libraries, there are 143 people waiting ahead of me for one of the 30 copies in circulation. It's that good.

Next month we're going for something much lighter with Remember Me by Sophie Konsella. Stay tuned until the 2nd Tuesday of August for its review!



3 comments:

Molly said...

oh my gosh! I know! I read it when it very first came out and I couldn't stop thinking about it for weeks!!!! They were on Today and Oprah the week the book came out....very moving and just...amazing!!!!!!

thegroves said...

I was anxious to hear your thoughts on it. Now I'm going to have to go and check it out... hopefully we have some in circulation here!

MH said...

i have the inside scoop, and i'm pretty sure the book club administrator is going to be reading it this week...