Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Baby Girl Update

It's been too long, and I'm sorry. I never even posted Christmas pictures! Life is wonderfully crazy right now, and being online at night is the last of my priorities.

But, you asked for it, you get it! Here's baby belly at 24 weeks. Yikes! In just 4 months we should be holding our sweet girl. We cannot wait. Well, in fact, we can.
(23 weeks in shirt)
I just finished registering for most of our items at Babies R Us. It was an adventurous trip with my girlfirends, Heather and Katie, who are already mommas. (photo to come) They walked me through the whole store giving advice on what they used, what they liked and what they'd never use again. I can't even begin to imagine what the day would have held if Mike and I had gone by ourselves. Needless to say, the trip was a success! I'm still trying to come up with a nursery design, so I think I'll be buying the bedding and decor myself at someplace other than big box BRU.

Which leads me to my most exciting part of the nursery, her crib!! My coworker is amazing when it comes to woodworking. As I was finding cribs online for over $1,000, I asked him what he thought about making a crib. His eyes lit up, and he said "I would LOVE to do that!" So, babygirl is going to have a custom, handmade crib to sleep her pretty little head in. Here's an idea of what he'll be creating.
Once the crib is made, Mike and I get to help finish and stain it. We're also using a piece of furniture passed down to Mike as our dresser/changing table, which Ken is going to help us refinish to match the crib.

What's new with babygirl you ask?
She is moving SO much! I feel her constantly at work. At our last check-up, the doctor had to move the doppler all over my belly to keep finding the heartbeat as she was moving. Last weekend we laid down early to read before bed, and Mike ended up getting to feel her dancing around in there for almost an hour. Maybe she'll be more coordinated than I am and be a dancer!

We go back to the doctor on Wednesday next week for our routine checkup. Then I'm off to Vegas and three weeks later, California. She's going to have momma's love for travel before she's even born.

1 comment:

ElllEfff said...

You are such a beautiful girl. I cannot wait to meet this new life! I love the belly pix. Thank you for posting these. I have been dying to see you, and yet... I'm loving just getting little snippets on fb and such. I'm living vacariously right now. I'm hoping to share that kind of blessing someday, still. :)