Monday, January 26, 2009

Coupon Mom!

I love to shop! Even more, I love to sale shop!! I called Mike the other day on my lunch break because I had just found a STEAL at Target: a Christmas bib clearanced for $0.30 AND ridiculously awesome "bling" pacifiers clearanced 2 for $1.00. Yes, those bargains make my day.
So you shouldn't be surprised to know that my new favorite thing is a website that Katie led me on to: http://www.blogger.com/www.couponmom.com. Not only does CouponMom organize all of the coupons that appear in your local Sunday paper (no matter where you live) so you can plan your grocery trips simply, it also coordinates those with your local grocery (mainly Kroger in Indiana) to let you know what items are on sale. Then it even shows you where your coupons can apply to the promos to save big money!

We've been debating about ordering the Indy Star on Sundays for the coupons recently, and once I heard about CouponMom, plus we got a 33% discount for ordering it through http://www.blogger.com/www.couponmom.com, I couldn't resist. So, Sunday begins my first official week of coupon/sale/super saving on grocery shopping. I am actually excited about getting to grocery shop, not to mention the incredible organization that will be involved when I do.

I highly recommend you check it out, too!!



I almost forgot the second best thing about this website - their restaurant links! If you click on the "Restaurant Coupons" tab, you are taken to a list of restaurants in your area participating in a fabulous deal. If you use the code "SAVE," you can buy a $25 gift certificate to any of the nice restaurants listed for just $3. It advertises the cost at $10, but using the promo cuts 7 bucks off. How great is that? Need a date night? Need an idea of where to go? Agios, Scholars Inn, 14 West and many more are your options where you spend $3 for a $25 gift certificate. I just can't get over this.

5 comments:

The Pierce Family said...

Very cool! And with us moving back to Indiana, it will be even more helpful! Isn't it so fun to find a great deal? I love it too. Well, hope your doing well. And I love the new preggo dress. Very cute!

Molly said...

That is so funny....just last Wednesday, we did coupon savings at our Mommy and Me meeting!! Coincidentally, I was in charge of the meeting and learned a ton! I'll email you the "helpful hints" I got from my coupon expert (Which also happens to be Chris' BOA)

Medley Family said...

Hey Girl...I did realize you were Lyndsey's sorority sister because you are actually my cousin Heather Harberts as well and my good friend Stace...small world..that must have been an awesome sorority with all you girls:) Anyway thanks for sharing the coupon site. Also my good friend Nicole told me you contacted her about possible bedding....she did mine and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! Seriously, if you want to see it, talk about it, etc. let me know! She made my bumper, crib skirt, quilt, and curtains (with room darkening fabric on the inside...which is essential)!

Anonymous said...

awesome! hey i think your link may not be good? i had to access it by googling instead. speaking of crazy sales: Banana Republic- 3 pairs of shoes (2 are leather!), 2 prs pants, silk dress, leather belt, winter scarf... for $200!!!! crazy! and reg. price they would have all been over $800. and they were just from fall/winter season- not from 3 yrs ago. for a second i am kinda liking the recession! ha:)

ElllEfff said...

Hey sistah! Loved the couponmom site. Also try http://diningdeals.wfbq.com/cc-common/ddindex2.php for half price deals (I have been using it for sushi on the rocks -- same kind of thing... $10 for a $50 gif card. I love http://www.coupons4indy.com/1homebody.lasso , but the site is overwhelming (but also has specific to the south side parts, and again... $3 for $25 types of eating... but also everything from dry cleaning to massage coupons for local shops! Happy shopping, and GREAT job on the bling pacifiers!