Monday, August 31, 2009

A Hawk??

Last week, after my morning routine of breakfast, e-mail checking and making Mike's lunch before Anabelle wakes up, I saw something strange on our front porch. I did a double take when I saw THIS:

There was a hawk eating a small bird on my front porch!!! I quickly got Mike to watch as this bird of prey devoured his breakfast. It was pretty disgusting, especially what was left on the porch floor, but it was also incredible to watch nature at its finest in such close proximity.

Seriously, people, I'm becoming a bird lady.

4 comments:

Molly said...

lol...as long as you don't start talking to the birds, you're still good.

carrie said...

It's crazy how when you have a career you have no idea all the things that go on during the day at your house, then you become a stay at home mommy and you start to see stuff you didn't before- ups man, electric meter reader, HAWKS! LOL.. The same thing happens to me.

Tia said...

ok, I know that is a cool bird and everything but what I got from that post was that you make Mikes lunch. Wow! What a good wife! I should probably offer to do that too....

Anabelle is as cute as ever!

The Pierce Family said...

Wow! That is amazing! I hope he doesn't hang around long! I don't want to scare you, but there was an incident in Milwaukee, where a hawk attacked a girl at the baseball field. I would hate for something to happen around your neighborhood. Be careful!