Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Playdate

Last week Anabelle and I had our first play date to the Children's Museum. I was so excited to take her there because I remember my mom taking us there many, many times growing up. The day started off with much entertainment because I drove the Land girls. Three carseats in my back seat. As Katie said, we now know that we can have twins next and we'll be able to easily fit them in the backseat. *cough, cough LOUDER, Ain't. Gonna. Happen.* But the girls were pretty cute squished together, and they did very well back there.
(The next day, however, we rode together to MOPS. Afterwards, the girls sang us a beautiful symphony of cry, whine, chat. It was a bit overwhelming to imagine that as a normal event.)

Back to the Museum. The Barbie exhibit is in town, and Sarah loves it. She must get it honestly, because this is how I found the mommy/daughters...
Sonya and Connor went with us, too. Sonya has been a bit concerned about Connor getting a girl-complex, because he is the only boy in a baby boom of girl babies. While we were in the Barbie complex, she made sure he had the manly job of mixing the music while the girls walked down the runway.
Anabelle appreciated DJ Connor's work, while she worked the Barbie runway.
Then we hit baby playland. Jackpot! She loved it. Everything was just her size, just her height and just perfect to chew on. Her bathtime friend (from the mirror) was even there.
I loved playing in the water with her. It was even more special when my mom said she has this same picture with me, in the same type of smock, playing in the water. Anabelle loves water. We may need one of these at home.
And the girl has a sporty side, just like her daddy. In fact, Mike has this same picture of him at 5 years old, driving the Indy car. (We also took one of him two years ago in the same position... wish I could find it!)
I had to get in, too. It looked like so much fun.

Success! Our playdate at the Children's Museum was great. The mommies, I mean kids, had so much fun and were wonderful for us. Can't wait to go back!

No comments: