Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Not My Average Wednesday

After anyone asks how I'm feeling, Mike tells them I'm a rockstar. I have felt great and thanked God regularly for that!

Today was a minor blip in that smooth ride, though. I started having strong stomach pains at work and couldn't stand it anymore so I decided to go home. Mike suggested I call the doctor to be sure it wasn't a concern. So I did, and they told me I should go to the hospital, which of course made me start crying from fear of the unknown. Mike was on the northside in a meeting, so my mom picked me up and took me in.

After getting set up, they monitored babygirl's heartbeat and my uterus for contractions. Turns out it was a combination of dehydration and having contractions that was causing my pain. They put me on a heavy IV to rehydrate plus Gatorade, gave me a shot to stop the contractions and checked to make sure I wasn't producing the protein that would cause preterm labor.

After five hours of being there, everything checked out okay and the pains went away. After praying all day, we are now praising God for it not being anything more serious!

One of the blessings out of this was that my mom got to feel babygirl spinning around in there for quite a while. As the nurse put it, for how far along we are, she's moving around "shockingly well." We also heard her heartbeat on the monitor (when she'd stay still long enough) for the entire 5 hours. My dad, Rachel, Abby and Mike's mom all got a call to hear the heartbeat, too. What a wonderful sound!

All is well. Babygirl is great, and I'm feeling much better! Just thought you'd want to know.

5 comments:

Molly said...

I was totally just about to call you....but now I won't, I'll just let you rest. I'm so glad everything is OK now. The exact same thing happened to me with Emma...and she was still a week overdue and came out via c-section perfectly healthy!!! We'll keep you 3 in our prayers and so glad you're resting. Take it easy!!!!

We love you!!!!!!

The Rausch's said...

Oh my goodness! What a crazy day for you! Glad that everything is ok!! Keep hydrated!! :)

The Pierce Family said...

I am glad to hear that all is well. That can be a really scary thing. I had a couple episodes with Isaak that made me go to the hospital and luckily they turned out well too. Just keep resting and we will talk to you soon! P.S. - Our baby girl is doing well, and she finally started moving last week! Yeah!

sand said...

So glad things are a-ok and girly is kickin' it in there to say I'm okay mama!

MH said...

So happy that everything is ok... and that you got some happy bonuses like an extra ultrasound. Take care of you and that precious baby girl!