Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sweet Valentine

If you didn't already know this, Mike hates Valentine's Day. My sweet husband who is affectionate, loving and thoughtful thinks it's ridiculous that Hallmark and the rest of the merchandising world plots to make husbands/boyfriends buy things on a particular day. Disclaimer: Last year, he did buy me a diamond cross necklace, but it wasn't ACTUALLY for Valentine's Day. That's just when he gave it to me. Anyways, we got up and made a yummy breakfast together like we love to do on Saturday mornings. Then he tells me there's a card on the mantle for me, so I run to get mine for him. Mine is fairly silly with some serious love in it. His is a handmade card that says this:

Just Because....


Valentine's Day sucks, you don't.

I died laughing. Such a creative mind! There was a little more to it, but that's the jist of it. So, Hallmark, don't even try to come up with another holiday to force him to celebrate! Who knows what else he'll come up with!

We also got to make dinner together. I love this photo, because it's our "new age" way of cooking. Pretty much any time we get creative with cooking, we look to Recipezaar.com. And our laptop becomes our cookbook. The recipes, and the feedback, are FANTASTIC on there!
Our dinner from scratch was delicious! Peppercorn something-or-other beef tenderloin, sun dried tomato risotto and an incredible chocolate sundae cake that may be my new favorite dessert! Topped it off with a bottle of Chianti wine for him and sparkling grape juice for me. We loved just being home together!

(p.s. latest recipe find on Recipezaar.com: Auntie Anne's soft pretzels. I made them last night, and they were wonderful)

2 comments:

Molly said...

oooh, must try the Auntie Anne's recipe..I LOVE Auntie Anne's!

I'm cracking up at the Valentine's Day card!! HA!

The Pierce Family said...

I like the card, that is funny! DJ feels the same way about Valentine's Day, so I know what you mean. And I like the idea of the laptop in the kitchen. I will have to try that website out, I hadn't seen that one yet!