Saturday, March 28, 2009

Baby Mama Love Languages

For Christmas, Mike made me a coupon book relevant to the Baby Mama Love Languages. These are similar to The Five Love Languages, one of my favorite books, but with a twist. These are mainly acts of service that he gave me coupons to redeem as I need them throughout the pregnancy. I've thoroughly enjoyed using a few, including "Gourmet Dinner," "Food Run," and "Shoulder Rub." This week I cashed in a "Wild Card" to have my toenails painted.

The ever-expanding belly makes keeping my toes pretty a challenge. So, my sweet and thoughtful husband tried his hand at painting my toesies. He could have dumped a bucket of paint on them, and I would have been happy. But he did a great job, and I feel much better about breaking out my sandals as the warm weather approaches!
What a sweet sacrifice! (It was also good training for Miss Anabelle's nails that will definitely need painted along the way)

3 comments:

thegroves said...

excellent

Abby said...

I knew he could do it!! What an awesome man!! Can't wait to see you in a week

Unknown said...

Well done, Mr. Mike! Just think, next time you could stencils and spray paint!