Friday, March 27, 2009

Books Galore!

Last month's book club was at Heather's house. I pulled up at 7 to see pink balloons and streamers on her front porch. It's typical that the host puts one balloon on their mailbox, so I thought Heather must have gone overboard. Turns out, they were throwing me a suprise baby shower!! I was so surprised, I had no idea what to say when I walked in!

Each of the food items on the table were themed to a children's book, like the meatballs, themed from "Cloudy, with a Chance of Meatballs" and the veggie pizza, themed to "Mr McGregor's Garden." Katie, being the teacher that she is, came up with a quiz for our game that had multiple choice, matching and fill in the blank questions about children's books. I, apparently, haven't read many in a while. I failed terribly. But it was so much fun! She even laminated the quiz so I could keep one as a keepsake!

After we briefly discussed the month's book, I opened gifts that ended up being a wonderful start to Anabelle's library! The girls wrote messages to her in the books they brought, and we now have a bookshelf full, just waiting to be read to our babygirl. THANK YOU to everyone for such a sweet surprise!
The beautifully decorated table, complete with books to go with the food.
Heather's incredible diaper cake. I still haven't been able to part with it. I have it displayed on a cake plate on our kitchen table!
My sweet & thoughtful friends!





2 comments:

The Greenes said...

how cute! can't wait to see pics of the new baby :)

The Pierce Family said...

How fun!!! That is such a cute idea. And I love the diaper cakes. I saw one for the first time and a shower for a friend and could not get over how cute it looked!