Thursday, May 28, 2009

My First Week of Firsts!

Anabelle is 10 days old today! It's unbelievable how blessed we feel by her. She is absolutely amazing. We are overwhelmed by how much we adore her and how deeply we love her - even from the second she was born. God has blessed us richly with this sweet girl, and we praise Him daily for her!

It's been a very busy first ten days with lots and lots of visitors. We are now getting to some normalcy with just the three of us and are loving it. Anabelle eats and sleeps like a champ. Mike gets up with her in the middle of the night to change her while I get ready to feed. I've been able to get plenty of sleep and have enjoyed every second I'm awake with her. Tuesday was Mike's first day back to work, which was tough on all of us. Fortunately, it's a short week, and we can't wait to spend every minute together this weekend!

Our new favorite activity is sitting and staring at our baby girl. There is nothing more special than realizing what a miracle she is. Enjoy her week of firsts (part 1 and part 2).



---------from Anabelle's perspective:




My first photo! I was so alert and content for hours after being born. I am so glad to be out in the world. It was getting tight in mommy's tummy.
My first family photo. Mommy & daddy were SO excited to see me! I was excited to see them, too.
First time meeting Mimi & Papa. They look so proud!
First time meeting Grandma Mack. She came a long way to see me!
My first birthday party! Daddy and mommy sang to me. Don't tell the doctors, but they even lit a birthday candle.
First time meeting Auntie Abby. She waited all night and had to come back Tuesday to meet me.
My mommy & daddy just adore me!
My first car ride - home from the hospital.
My first trip to Jimmy John's! We went there before we went home. My mommy was so excited to have lunch meat and to introduce me to her favorite restaurant.

To be continued......

1 comment:

Molly said...

she looks like the teeny tiniest peanut in that carrier!!! So sweet!!!!!!!!