Monday, May 18, 2009

Waiting on Anabelle....

16 hours in....

I started contracting overnight, so they removed the Cervadil early morning and continued monitoring. At 8 I showered and got cleaned up. Then I ate from the hearty breakfast buffet of ice chips and suckers:
They started me on pitocin at 9AM to get contractions going more seriously. My mom showed up about then to spend the day with us, too.
She also became my hair stylist for the day since I'm strapped to a bed. Thank God for that!

And then there's this guy-- who's been so supportive and helpful through it all. He's been wonderful through it all and is SO excited to be a daddy!
About one more hour until they'll check to see how dilated I am and hopefully break my water and start the epidural. Stay tuned....








7 comments:

The Pierce Family said...

I have been thinking a lot about you today and my prayers are with you. I know everything will go well, and I cannot wait to move home this weekend, and meet your new little angel.

Abby said...

YAY can't wait to see you and meet my niece! love you <3

Molly said...

ooooooooooooooohhhhh, yay!

So far your experience sounds exactly like mine with Morgan!!

Come on baby Anabelle! :)

We love you all!

Medley Family said...

I have checked your blog a couple times today to check to see if she has arrived! Best of luck! Remember every minute of it!

Anonymous said...

Loving that you're keeping your blog current through all of this:) Can't wait to hear the good news and see the cute little pics!!

RJ said...

That last comment was me. Whoops! Got crazy on the enter button before I typed in my name.

thegroves said...

I LOVE that your mom was doing your hair. That is classic... and pure love from Momma Campbell. ;)