Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Smiley Girl

Another day down in the hospital. Anabelle is doing wonderfully! Her appetite is back and large, her smiles are abundant, and she's still snuggly sweet. The nurses are taking great care of us, and our friends are being incredibly generous with meals, books, bedding, mowing our yard, etc, etc. We feel very blessed! Here are a few good shots of our time with our sweetie here.

Anabelle snoozing on my sweatshirt.
Her new favorite toy! She could lay in her bed all day long. We call it her baby drug. She kicks and gurgles while it's on. And when it's done moving, she yells for us to reset it. Daddy is trying to see what all of the excitement is about.
Can't get enough of her sweet snuggles! I'm actually enjoying the time to just focus on loving on her.
Focused little girl. We've enjoyed watching her become better at head/neck control as well as focusing intently. She is pretty incredible!
Our doctor didn't have the final, final results back yet from the cultures. We should know tomorrow morning for sure. He is 99% positive that the bacteria in her blood will match that in her urine. If so, the 7 days of IV antibiotics will be sufficient, and we'll be able to come home Sunday. They also did a renal ultrasound this morning to make sure her kidneys and bladder look good. Hopefully we'll have those results in the morning, too!




7 comments:

The Rausch's said...

Hang in there!! Glad to see she's feeling better! You guys are in our thoughts!!

Unknown said...

I've just been catching up on the blog and all I can say is bless your hearts! You will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Molly said...

Oh my gosh, she's so cute I can't stand it!!!!!

Steven and Megan Woods said...

That' great news! She's so sweet. I just love those cheeks.

The Pierce Family said...

I am glad to hear that she is doing better! She is such a sweetie, and I am so sorry she has not been feeling well. But it sounds like she will be as good as new here very soon!

The Mack's said...

Please know that you all are in our thoughts and prayers.
Enjoy every minute with the sweet little one. They grow up so fast.

Love to all
Dan, Marlene, Heather and Braylon :)

Tia said...

So glad she if feeling better! I have been praying since I read the first post. Poor little thing.

Oh, this is Molly's friend again :)