Saturday, July 25, 2009

Still Smiling

Despite all of the poking and prodding, Anabelle is so happy! We LOVE having her joy fill this tiny room that we've occupied for a week. This week, she has continued to smile more often and bigger each day. It's been such a blessing to experience it with her.
We all love to just stand around and watch her.
Big smiles for mommy & daddy!

She's also been all about sitting up! When we lay her on our laps on an angle, she pulls her head up, trying to sit herself up. Such a strong girl! Here's Papa helping her with her sit up exercises.
And Papa making her giggle!

I have voiced it, but I haven't blogged this yet. We are SO very thankful to God for protecting Anabelle. We know He has been part of this the entire way and that He got our attention with her fever spiking. He has reassured us daily that she's in His care which is the most we could ask for. I have been amazed by how at peace I've been this week with everything that has gone on, and I know it's God's peace.
I also have been so touched by the faith of our doctor and the nurses in the peds unit. Dr. Miles told us on Tuesday that he was up at midnight and 5 AM (when we were in the ER) praying for Anabelle. And yesterday, when the NICU nurse was attempting the 7th IV in her head, our nurse, Nancy, stopped and prayed over the situation. The IV didn't stay, but we know there's a reason. We know that we're in great hands and are incredibly thankful for everyone's prayers, faith and support. Anabelle is healthy and happy -still-, and we couldn't ask for more!

1 comment:

Molly said...

Wow! More doctors and nurses should share that with their patients. I would want to hear nothing more than that they were praying for me or my child while caring for them. I have goosebumps.

The one of her laughing at your dad is PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!